Monday, March 8, 2010

Doctor, Ears- Part II

Bryan had tubes put in both ears today. It was an early morning, we had to be at Cooks by 5am, but Bryan was such a trooper. I went into wake him up and he didn't cry or fuss, he just started talking and he sang songs all the way to the hospital. Patrick stayed home with Emma, because she had to be at school later in the morning, so my dad (Boompa) was so wonderful and took off work for the morning to help me with Bryan (My mom, Nana, was out of town). I'm so thankful Boompa was there!! The procedure itself was only a few minutes long so we weren't waiting in the waiting room long before the doctor came out to say he did great. They said he had LOTS of fluid in his ears and they would probably be draining for a couple days. The only bad part of the whole experience was Bryan coming out of the anesthesia...he was mad and was making sure everyone in recovery knew it!! Boompa and I threw out all our tricks and nothing seemed to work...luckily after about 30 minutes or so he started to calm down and we got to go home shortly after that. Patrick and I took off work for the day and since Emma was at school it was kind of fun to have some alone time with Bryan (even if he was grumpy!!) By the time Emma came home from school Bryan had taken a 2 1/2 hour nap and was back to normal. Hoping these tubes do the trick and prevent all those nasty ear infections!! Almost forgot to mention- Bryan pointed to everything medical in the hospital (tubes on the walls, stethoscope on nurse's neck, pulse-ox monitor on his toe, etc...) and said "doctor"



(A couple pics in the play area waiting to be called back to anesthesia- he looked pretty cute in his purple gown!)



3 comments:

  1. I thought of you all today & I am so happy Brian is ok - He was so brave ! Good job !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad his surgery went so well! I don't know why I got so confused and thought it was today...preggo brain I guess. LOL He looked adorable in his purple gown :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it went well. Coming out of anesthesia was the worst part for Greg too! It's so hard when you try everything to comfort them and nothing works. Glad he was back to himself after a good nap.

    ReplyDelete