Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Updates...

Since my Mom's passing I have promised several of her friends that I would blog more to keep them up to date on the kids and family. So here I go trying my best to keep my promise! Us Shortalls have had a busy start to the school year- from dance, soccer, and tball to Girl Scouts, Indian Princesses, and Indian Papooses to homework, spelling tests, job promotions for both Patrick and I, and lots of trips out to visit "Nana's special box"- we have been busy!! We miss Mom terribly but know she would want us to pick up and keep on going. The kids talk a lot about what Nana might be doing in Heaven and it's been such a blessing to hear their perspective on things. We have also decided to not go forward with the renovation/expansion on the "tiny" house we bought in April. Instead we are going to keep it as rental property and purchase a new home that has the size we need/want without major construction! Patrick and I have had to continually remind ourselves to be patient in this process as we have a pretty particular list of "must haves" and there is very very little on the market in the zip code we want. We had been eyeing a property since early September and it finally went on the market last week and we currently have a contract on it. The inspection is scheduled for tomorrow so praying all goes well!! It needs new flooring and paint so we'll take our time getting that done and getting moved out of the "tiny" house...hope is that we'll be in to celebrate Christmas!! But if I have learned anything over the past several months it is that a majority of the time the timing is out of my hands and completely beyond my control. (needless to say there have been lots of serenity prayers said!) I've been bad about taking pics lately but here are a few recent ones...promise I will get better!!!

1 comment:

  1. busy is good! we think of yall often and hope to get together soon. PLEASE let me know if you ever need Bryan to come hang out...G would love it:)

    ReplyDelete