Wednesday, September 16, 2009

When did out kids get so grown up???

Conversation I had with Emma yesterday afternoon went like this:
Me- Emma please go put on your shoes.
Emma- No!
Me- Emma, Mommy is telling you a second time please go put on your shoes.
Emma- Mom, I'm just being difficult.
YES, she really said that!! She has been trying to interject big words that she hears Patrick and I say into her conversations, and it looks like she put one big word in the right place!!

Tonight we took Emma to get the rest of her soccer gear- soccer cleats and soccer socks! She was so excited to pick out her cleats, she settled with a silver and pink pair of Nikes because they didn't have her favorite color- orange. Cannot believe she's already old enough to play a team sport! I'm sure we'll have lots of pics after her first practice/game this weekend!!

On the way home from getting Emma's shoes we stopped to get ice-cream cones from McDonalds. As soon as I reached in the back to hand Emma hers Bryan started crying hysterically, and he loves to ride in the car so I couldn't figure out what was wrong. He cried the whole way home. When we got to the house I got him out of his carseat and he reached for my cone. I let him hold it and he instantly stopped crying...he had been crying because Emma got a cone and he didn't!! I let him have a few licks and got a chance to get a couple cute pics!!




1 comment: